Sunday, October 17, 2010

I now know what it is like to have brothers

Hi everybody,
Well I can´t believe this week I´ll have been here a whole month already. Its weird because even with the days seeming like they take forever time all around has seemed to have gone by really fast. This past week was seemed a bit long though. We didn´t have any lunch appointments with members because of conference last week so we didn´t receive any sign up list so we had to figure that out every day which was annoying because every starts to close for Siesta before lunch time. But we figured it out, we basically ate alot of pancakes this week. But then I was sick all day on Friday with what I think was just the day flu. I woke up feeling like crud and it lasted the whole day and into the night but was gone by the next morning. Which was good because on Saturday we had a service project and helped paint a house that a family moving into our ward will be living in.
Yesterday was kinda cool as after sacrament meeting we left church with the bishop to an inactive lady´s house to give her a blessing, her husband is a non member that we´ve been teaching and he came to church for the first time yesterday. Then last night we taught a first lesson to lady and her family that we met while knocking doors. She said that she talked with the missionaries a long time ago but that her ex husband chased them away. And by the end of the lesson she said that she thinks the church is whats been missing in her life for a long time and was eager for a copy of the Book of Mormon. Obviously were excited to go back, haha. Other than that not a whole lot has happened. I can now say I know what it would be like to have older brothers now being the youngest in our apartment, the other day all three of them tied me up on my bed and started eating my cereal, and reading my journal out loud, its all good though. I Love you all, have a good week!
Love,
Elder Treadway

No comments: