Monday, September 27, 2010

Yummie! Chocolate topped rice krispie treats


Hello Everyone!
This past week was loco! Its all good though cuz I´m finally starting to get use to the walking. Yesterday (sunday) we were visiting an in active members home (nice family) but while there they offered us some dessert which while on the plate looked alot like chocolate topped rice krispies, but as I picked it up I was slightly dissapointed and shocked as it was very cold, wet, and squishy. I didn´t let my surprise show and proceeded to eat it anyways, it was sweet but kinda weird and chunky, after the visit my companion aske, ¨so how did you like your first piece of ¨Sweetend Goat Fat?¨ And I said it was almost as good as the Horse meat sandwich we had a few days earlier, haha.
We did alot this past week as far as work goes, I had a couple of really cool experiences when I contacted a couple of people who even through my really bad and broken Spanish still accepted my invitation for my companion and I to come and teach them at their homes. We also have been doing alot of work with inactive members which has been going very well as so far were getting several to start coming back to church. We visit this one young family who has this little boy thats about 4 years old, he loves to sit on my lap and play with my badge, then makes me throw him up in the air, it made me start to miss my younger cousins when I would play with them like that. Their a really sweet family though and love having us come over to teach one of their daughters whose getting ready to be baptized.
Its been starting to get pretty warm here, ¨here¨ by the way is in ¨San Juan.¨ About 2 hours north of Mendoza. And by what I hear it sounds like I´ll be staying here in the same area for atleast the next transfer as well, with my same companion, who will ge going home after the next transfer also in about 10 weeks. Right now our pench (apartment) has 2 other missionaries apart from my comp and I. The other two go home after this transfer in 4 weeks, aparently the rest of the zone jokes about how I´m so new and in a pench with 3 elders about to leave. The other 2 missionaries are a couple funny guys and are constantly joking around, and definitely take advantage of teasing me with the members since I can´t understand whats being said, especially when we all have a meal appointment at the same home.
I promis next week to put some pictures up, I wasn´t able to with how our schedule worked out today. I love you all.
Love, Elder Treadway

No comments: