Thursday, September 2, 2010

11 days count down




So this past Tuesday devotional was pretty cool, we had Elder Hinckley of the Seventy. (Richard Hinckley, son of Gordon B. Hinckley) He was pretty funny, and had allot of similar qualities that reminded you of watching President Hinckley when he spoke. He also happens to be the head of the Missionary Department for the Church. He gave a good talk about principles that if followed would prove to give a missionary and successful and happy mission. So I of course took good notes. Did you know that the MTC is the 3rd largest Educational institution of the Church, it falls right behind BYU Utah 1st, and BYU Idaho 2nd, then the MTC, just ahead of BYU Hawaii. (I thought that was a pretty cool stat)
My companion has been sick all week so everyday has been a toss around of working out who to go on exchanges with during the days for classes and what not because he's had to remain in bed, its a miracle I haven’t gotten sick because about 3 other guys on our hall way have all seemed to come down with the same thing. I thinks its because I keep over doing the recommended doses with the Vitamin C I have, I really really don't want to get sick, so I'm gonna keep doing what seems to work, along with being an extreme germaphobe, lol. But I can't get sick, I have to much to do and study still. Study is coming along better than it has in the past. I can basically carry a conversation, not very well at all of course, but well enough that whoever I'm talking to can get what I'm at least trying to say. Just imagine when you've spoken with a foreigner who barely speaks English and that’s about me with Spanish, haha.
I can't believe I'm down to my last (approx.) 11 days! I get more and more excited after each day. I can't wait to get to Argentina, except its sometimes a mix of feelings. Simply because I just want out of the MTC, I'm starting to feel trapped, but I wouldn't say I don't like it, I just need room, haha. But on the other hand, I'm almost sorta nervous just because I know its going to be interesting at first, but only little, lol.
I love you all, thank you to Marcey and her family for the package!
-Elder Treadway

No comments: