Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dreams and Jokes


Hola everyone!
Things are going just great here. We got to go and do a session at the temple this morning and it was AWSOME. (I kinda feel bad for Josh Ray cuz he left just before it was opened this last monday, lol) Something kinda cool I forgot to mention in my letters was that in my district, one of the guys names is Elder Woodruff, and he's actually the great, great, great grandson of Wilford Woodruff, how cool is that.
Thankyou so much for the packages, and you were right mom, I almost did wanna cry, but i couldn't let myself because I had about 8 guys in my room when I was opening it, lol. I have been sleeping alot better starting this past monday, still not AS good as I would like, but I'm so grateful for the improvement, part of it I think was that I was sleeping on the top bunk which really bugged me through the night, so my Comp. swithched with me cuz he can handle it alot better because he's use to sleeping "on boats and planes all the time," so I was like ok cool, lets swith then, he hasn't had any problem.
This morning however I woke up when it was time and for the first few moments I though I was back at home and in my own bed, and the first thing I wanted to do was go put ribs in the oven and was planning on grilling later on. I was a little discouraged when I remembered that I was at the MTC, haha. (seriously though, I miss grilling alot, I think I was kind of alot more attached than I knew)
This week has so far been the best, my companion and I have started to work together better which has really just helped everything all around, for a while towards the end of last week and the begining of this week I sort of hit a wall with learning spanish and sort of fell behind, but as of yesterday I feel i've gotten over that curve and am starting to catch up.
Sunday night is sort of what we call "movie night" because they set up about 4 big rooms with big screens and show church condoned movies, this past sunday we watched "Legacy" and it has got to be the most fun movie to watch with a bunch of Missionaries. Everyone gets all goofy at the love seens, it hilarious. Yesterday my three roommates decided to play a joke and in the moring when I went to the restroom they took one of my ties and wore them to see if I would notice, including my own companion. I notice half way thru the class and thought it was funny, so i didn't tell but instead when I went back to the room later on the two Elders apart from my companion, one I put on one of His ties, and the other I put on his other pair of dress shoes, I couldn' take any of my companions stuff because he was with me, but he still didn't notice me taking the other elders clothes. The one noticed I had his tie at dinner and I let him in on how I had his companions shoes, and he didn't realize until the night was over and I went up and showed him, it was pretty funny.
Other than that there hasn't been a whole lot goin on, still long days but they have gotten much easier as we've gotten use to the schedule, and the food even isn't that bad anymore. (still not great by anymeans, lol) I joke around with the Senior missionaries and how almost feel bad for them that they have to eat it also, one lady jokingly teased me when she told me how they're allowed to leave campus after a certain time, and that they get to stay in Hotels. I like talking to the older couples, and kinda miss work that way, just talking and assisting "grown ups." The other night after lights out, the four of us where lying in bed, I told and inpromt bed time story of what it was like to sell a combination of chemicals, its was titled, Trent the Salesman, they thought it was Hilarious. Well times up, I love you all and miss you ALOT, never thought I'd be homesick, but, I cant lie, its got me. However its still more than worth it.

Con Amor (with love), Elder Treadway.

P.S, thank you for the dear Elders, keep em comin.

No comments: