Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alright, First Email!

Alright, First Email!

You should be getting a letter in the mail soon that has a little note for each of you, I orginally sent it Monday but it got sent back because yes, I forgot to put a stamp on it, apparently they take that seriously, go figure. Haha (I know it needs one). All in all things are going pretty good, I saw Josh Boyd yesterday withing his first 10 min of being here, he seemed very relieved to see me and then told me how his dad called it just before they dropped him off when he said "Just watch, Trent will find a way to see you." I thought that was pretty funny because we were suppose to be at the field across the road having Gym Time but I "convinced" my companion to wait because I wanted to make sure I got to see Josh, lol. We had a good little reunion as if we hadn't seen eachother in forever.
The MTC is a pretty great place to be, we have a couple of great teachers for helping us to learn spanish, one of which served in Argentina. Its alot of work of course, I'm dead tired most of the day mostly because I am having a really hard time sleeping, but also mostly because we literally either have something to be doing or somewhere to be during all 16 hours of the from the time we wake up at 6:30 to the time we go to bed at 10:30, we don't even finish working on stuff until 9:30 at night before we go back to our apartments. I believe thats the secret as to why I'm doing so well in learning spanish so far though because we get so broken down with constant cramming that during the times we rest our minds just absorb what we were trying to take in during the day. I really appreciate all the Emails and notes from DearElder that I've gotten, Its ridiculous how excited I get when I find out I have something, lol, so keep them coming por favor. Other than being really tired all the time (which might also be due to my bad habbits of staying up late before I even got here, I'm still pondering if whether or not that could be it, lol) the food, haha, yeah, I'm beginning to realize more and more how good of a cook my mom was and how much she Spoiled me because frankly, this stuff stinks. I'm never living in a dorm at college and eating out of the cafeteria, lol. But I'm grateful for it because I'm sure it could be worse. I'm learning ALOT about how to live with someone else, having a companion that you have nothing in common with personalitly wise, or basic interest, or just not seeing eye to eye on Anything period, is doing me alot of good... somehow. lol, its not the worst, just a working progress, he's really a nice Elder, and we've got plenty of time to workd together.
I Love you all, thankyou Sis. Ray and Alyssa for sending me Emails.
Thankyou MOM, DAD, TYRA, TALISSA, I Love You. Pet flik for me, haha.

1 comment:

Minor Family said...

Thanks Tara for posting these letters! They are so fun to read!!!