Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1st Letter From Elder Treadway.

I or we have been waiting for this first letter. This is what it say's.

Hello family!
I am officially a Full Time Missionary! And I have the badge to prove it. It says: ELDER TREADWAY
LA IGLEESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS

This is probably the coolest places I've have ever been. Everyone walks around with a smile on their face, and just sitting in a room before even starting a lesson you can feel the spirit. My companions name is Elder Bready, he is from Washington and is pretty nice guy.... Before I go I have to tell you something funny. In our first orientation lesson, a great big group of us were sitting in a room with the audience chairs hoarse shooed around a make shift stage. There were two chairs facing a couch which had an actor sitting on it, we were all just watching him whose role was a "non member" as the class was a simulation of a meeting for missionaries. After about 10 min of waiting for something to happen (we were all wondering what we were waiting for, there was about 30 of us, all here for the first day) Elder Jaccobs ( whose one of my roommates) and I both made eye contact and were thing the same thing. We both got up and sat in the two empty chairs in front of the guy/actor on the couch, and we started doing our best to start a discussion! The actor non member stared at us blankly and we were both tapped on the on the shoulder by the teacher who said "thanks guys, but we actually have a lesson about to start."
Talk about embarrassing!
We felt like goofs but not too bad because I figured we weren't the only one who maybe thought it was some sort of a test. haha.
Well, I love you all very much, I can receive emails Thur dearelder.com, they print them and put in my mail box. You should tell EVERYONE! Just kidding. I'm going to bed now because I'm EXHAUSTED! :) lOVE ELDER TREADWAY.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trenton mail box number is 279, you will need it if you send him a email. He can not send you one back so you will have to wait for the snail mail :)

No comments: