Monday, January 31, 2011

Elder New Home, 6 months out.

I´m doing great! I love this new area, its like a little Paradise. And largely due in part to my new comp, he´s a stud. His name is Elder Arauz and is from Panama. And get this, I told this to Tyra already but he looks exactly like Jake from Twighlight! Its crazy but he´s like his twin. I´ll have to send a pic some time but its so funny. He hates it when I say something like that but its funny still. Today though wasn´t too funny, we all went as a zone to a local camp ground area and had a BBQ bun my comp was attacked by a bunch of Africanised bee´s. He got stung about 16 times! He took it like a man and after about 5 minutes said it didn´t hurt. I´m pretty sure I would of been crying. It happened when he went chasing after the football near a stream and he just brushed past their bush without knowing they were in there. It wasn´t very funny and we were all worried, but like I said, the guy is tough. And luckily didn´t have any type of allergic reaction.

My new area is like a little valley that’s got really nice weather compared to my last. Not nearly as hot, which I´m really grateful for. AND, there are TONS of Bolivians here, so many Bolivians. It’s basically like being in down town Mesa where there are alot of Mexicans, this is basically where I am here, only for Argentina, Bolivians are their Mexicans, lol. And yes, apparently they talk very fast, now I understand what it must have been like for Josh Boyd at first, very tough to understand if you´re brand new to Spanish. It should be fun though, they are a totally different people compared to your regular Argentine. Oh yeah, my comp and I are the first and second councilors in our branch. I forgot to tell that to dad. But now we can say that we´ve both been councilors at the same time, haha.
Thank you for everything mom, I love you, you´re the best, anyone would choose you to be their mom in a heartbeat ;)
Love, Elder Treadway

No comments: