Monday, January 31, 2011

Are you kidding me, why would you tell your mom this??



Hey mom,
Well I still haven´t gotten my package, but I´m not worried. Today we went to a place called a Manzana had slaughtered a goat and then ate it. I´m serious! We went to a goat farm, all pitched in to buy one, watched the cross eyed farmer go in the pen, tackle one, took it around back with 2 other farmers and KILLED IT! We all took pictures and some recorded it. It was so gross! He skinned it and cleaned it and everything! I took some pics but thought maybe I should wait to show them until I get home, lol. I almost felt bad because it was the one I almost petted while we were waiting. He bagged it up and we took it with some ward member from another area to a bbq place near the river and cooked it. It was really good. Now I don´t fell bad, it was worth it, only cost my 20 pesos and I got all I could eat. So here’s what you and dad should do. Buy a goat and start raising it, then when I get home we can eat it! lol.
So this new area is way cool. The weather is nice except for when walking through the thousands of acres of grape farms, it’s really humid in there. My comp and I as the councilors pretty much do everything because our branch president does nothing. Alot of our work now consist of trying to work with the members that come and trying to the rest to re-activate. Its something different and am learning alot about to groups of people function and how are the best ways to help them as a whole as a leader. Mostly because the members come to us before the go to the Pres. something else were trying to change. I Love you mom, I´ll send some new pics next week. Thank you for everything :)
Just so everyone knows, My MOM is the best MOM in the WORLD!!

Elder Treadway

1 comment:

Minor Family said...

EWWWW! That is just sick! I guess his taste buds are changing!