Saturday, August 14, 2010





Haha, those are some good pictures, Talissa looks like she knows what she's doing, and Tyra definitely looks like she's ready to be at the top of the food chain, lol.
Thank you for all the letters I've gotten, I always like to hear from all of you. Not a whole lot has been happening or anything new come up, except last weekend 4 guys in our group of 12 left for the MTC in the Dominican Republic which is where their missions are, and now its just the 8 of us going to Argentina, 2 of us though are going to the Buenos Aires West mission, the rest of the other 6 of us are all going to Mendoza. Josh Boyd was suppose to leave to the Peru MTC yesterday, which is kinda funny cuz I hadn't seen him since last Saturday night, and so Tuesday night I spent a while trying to find him when it was time to go back to our rooms for the night (he's in a different building) and I never found him. So I was kind of depressed thinking of how I wasn't gonna see him for a couple years, but this morning while we were walking to the temple and crossing the soccer field, out of no where he came running up to me. Apparently the had some last minute visa problems and had to miss their travel plans. So now they're waiting to get things cleared up which is said can be at any time. So at least I got to see him this Morning.
My Spanish has some what begun to pick up again, last night we had teaching practice where volunteer workers come and act as investigators for us, and I gave about a 8 minute lesson on prayer completely in Spanish, it's no where near good but I was pretty proud of myself, lol. Oh ya, speaking of Visa's, 4 of us in our group including me got some good news about ours, we were called down to the travel office to sign some papers that had been sent from Argentina, it mostly just meant that things are moving along which is good because Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico are having the worst and most amount of problems with their visa stuff. There was one guy going to Mexico that had been here for 17 weeks! ( I really, really, really hope that doesn't happen to me) but there’s another group apart of our Zone that are 3 weeks past the time they were originally suppose to leave and just yesterday they got temporarily reassigned to a mission in California, they were all extremely excited, it was kind of funny.
Oh ya, just so you know how it works, when you get here you're put into a district, like the one I'm in with 8 of us, and your district is part of a Zone/branch, there’s about 5 in ours. And every zone has a branch president who's called to serve in the calling and they usually all live withing 30 miles of the MTC. Our branch president is pretty cool, super nice guy (big broad shouldered cowboy type) who served his mission in Argentina, his Spanish is funny in an awesome way to listen to because he has a big deep voice cowboy accent. He's retired now and he and his wife travel for fun, just last week they took to a trip to Italy, this is what he was telling me during my interview with him last Sunday , lol, like I said, he's a funny guy.
Well, I'm being flashed the 1 minute warning now, I gotta wrap this up, I'll try and write yall some letters and answer the questions I forgot to in this one. I Love all of you, remember to pray as a family, I miss having home evening.
Oh ya, thanks for Killing my Fish TYRA! lol, and, I got a letter with a picture from Elder Corbett, who took the picture of all of you during that dinner?


No comments: